Aeronautical Engineering


Engineering Training

In partnership, ATC delivers a range of academic and professional courses in aeronautical engineering, these are offered in accordance with the European Aviation Safety Agency requirements or as National Qualification, Higher National Certificate and Higher National Diploma level in Aeronautical Engineering, and a BEng(Hons) degree in aircraft maintenance

EASA part 66 Aircraft Engineering
  • January 17, 2017

Part 66 aviation regulations define the conditions under which a maintenance engineer is authorized to release an aircraft into service after a maintenance operation. The conditions required are defined by minimum education requirements (school leaving certificates, working language, etc) as well as type rating qualifications for the aircraft or particular tasks.

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is the body responsible for ensuring that National Competent Authorities e.g. Department Civil Aviation verifies aircraft engineer licence applications. For maintaining aircraft of 5700kg MTOM and above, but excluding airships, licences are issued under EASA Implementing Rule (IR) Part-66. Part-66 is a common European aircraft maintenance licence recognised in all EASA member states.

You need to apply for a Part-66 licence if you: have never been licensed, but wish to further your career as an aircraft maintenance engineer wish to up- grade your existing Part-66 licence to a higher category wish to convert your BCAR Section L licence to an unrestricted Part-66   licence

How do I qualify for the licence?

ATC Campus offers formal Part-66 training and coaching through PART66 module.

There are three main steps to go through to obtain the licence. Find out which modules you need for your requirements, and decide on an appropriate mode of study. Once you are  ready, apply to sit for the formal examination.

These exams are held in credit for five years, while you complete your licence requirements. Then complete the relevant experience required. This can be accomplished concurrently if you are studying part time.

Always check with the CAA as to what your requirements will be, but you will need between two and five years of practical experience. You will need to formally record your experience, preferably in an approved engineers log book

Since there is no set time limit, you can follow a flexible schedule that suits you.

Download Our Course Enrollment Form Now